ASME B16.9 Butt weld Equal Tee Dimensions
Nominal Pipe Size
The dimensions are in millimeters
Source : ASME B16.9 - 2007
Common types of pipe tee
A pipe tee is a type of fitting that has a T shape and is used to join two or more plumbing pipes.
· Equre tee (or straight tee), means the branch diameter of this tee is same with the main pipe (Run pipe) diameter of this tee.
· Reducing tee is a type of pipe fitting in which the branch port size is smaller than the ports of the run.
· Barred tee is used in pipelines that are pigged.
· Lateral tee has a 45 degree branch from a pipeline.
· Pipe cross is a fitting that used in the place where four pipes meet with the same diameter include:
o Reducing cross used for connecting four pipes, the main pipes with the same size, but the dimensions of the branch diameter is smaller than the main pipes.
o Equal cross in the place where four pipes meet with the same diameter.
· Forged Tee Fittings are pipe fittings that be formed mainly by forging.
Carbon steel: ASTM/ASME A234 WPB-WPC
Alloy steel: ASTM/ASME A234 WP 1-WP 12-WP 11-WP 22-WP 5-WP 91-WP 911
Stainless steel: ASTM/ASME A403 WP 304-304L-304H-304LN-304N
ASTM/ASME A403 WP 316-316L-316H-316LN-316N-316Ti
ASTM/ASME A403 WP 321-321H ASTM/ASME A403 WP 347-347H
Low temperature steel: ASTM/ASME A402 WPL 3-WPL 6
High performance steel: ASTM/ASME A860 WPHY 42-46-52-60-65-70
Size range: 1/2 to 72 inches
Pressure: SCH5 to SCH160
Welding Bevel acc. to standards:
· ASME B16.9, Factory-Made Wrought Steel Buttwelding Fittings
· ASME B16.28, Buttwelding Short Radius Elbows and Returns
· ANSI/ASME B16.25, Buttwelding Ends
· MSS SP-97, Socket Welding, Threaded, and Buttwelding Ends
· Tolerance For butt Welding Fittings
Industrial Processes : Bending, squeezing, pressing, forging, machining and more
Features of Pipe Tee:
· There are three female openings in a T shaped pipe tee.
· There are straight pipe tees which have the same size openings.
· Reducing pipe tees have one opening of different size and two openings of the same size.
· There are sanitary pipe tees which are used in waste lines. These kind of pipe tees have a curved branch which is designed for a clean out plug. They are used to prevent obstruction of waste.
· A cross pipe tee has four equal sized female openings.
· A wing pipe tee has lugs to fasten the fitting to a wall or stud.
· A compression pipe tee uses compression fittings on two or more ends.
· A test pipe tee has a threaded opening. This opening is used in conjunction with a threaded plug for a clean-out opening on a drain pipe.
Related products of pipe tee:
· Saddle previously is the ventilation ducts 'crotch tee', its shaped like pants, there Equal and unequal diameter, the formal name is "tube tapered pants tee."
o Saddle previously DIN2618 is to replace the existing tee fitting, the use of flexibility, praised by domestic and foreign markets.
· Stainless steel Tee is T-shaped pipe fittings with two outlets, one at 90° to the connection to the main line by stainless.
· Tees straight and reducing- The primary purpose of a Tee is to make a 90° branch from the main run of pipe.
· Wear-resistant Alloy Composite Pipe Tee
· Ceramic lined composite Y-type Tee
· Ceramic lined composite pipe tee
· Aluminum corundum lined lateral wye
· Bi-metal clad lateral wye
Applications of pipe tee:
Pipe Tees are widely used in various commercial and industrial applications. Industrial applications include:
· Chemical processing
· Waste treatment, Marine
· Utilities/power generation
· Industrial equipment
· Gas compression and distribution industries
· Pipe Tees are also recommended for industrial plant fluid power systems.
We are manufacturer of Reducing tee and supply high quality Reducing tee in both large and small quantities worldwide & offer you the best prices in the market.
We have a team of experienced professionals with years of experience in manufacturing.